Location: Montreal, Quebec
Counselors are what make camp so memorable. They are responsible for the care of a group of 5 -7 boys or girls in a cabin and during the course of a day, responsible for getting the children up, dressed and ready for the day. They are also responsible for getting camper group to their meals, activities and putting them to bed at night. They have to do their best to ensure that the children have a fun and healthy camping experience.
• Ensure that all campers assigned to your cabin and travelling partners' cabin are supervised and safe at all times.
• Supervise all aspects of daily camper routine for assigned campers. This includes: Wake-up, cabin clean up, hygiene, meal time, rest hour, evening program, bed time and night duty.
• Complete duties in a timely manner and respecting all deadlines:
-Evening program performances
• Being punctual and respecting the schedule is crucial for the success of our camp program which includes but is not limited to:
• Participate and attend all activities relating to the campers: evening program, free-plays, picnics, overnights, special days, the bell, tribal spirit etc.
• Provide safe and clean cabin for the campers assigned to your cabin.
• Confidentiality is respected regarding camper medical, behavioural or family history. Relevant information is shared only with persons whom require such knowledge.
• Collaborative relationship with tribal rep for special days, bell, night duty, tribal bonding/spirit, picnics and free play duty.
• Ensuring a fair break system is established between all co workers
Experience working with kids
18 yrs old+
Educational Background in Child-Oriented programming such as Education, Child Psychology, Special Care Counselor