Crisis Interventionist 2018
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Are you looking to build skills with campers in a one on one setting? Perhaps you have the education and experience to run small workshops with children focused on building social skills or building awareness on bullying? If this sounds like something that is right up your alley than the Crisis Interventionist position is the job for you. This is a position that is largely independent but requires patience and a knowledge of working and teaching children ways to get out frustration in a more positive way or how to connect with peers in appropriate ways.
• Developing and implementing different behaviour strategies for individual campers when necessary. To identify problem areas within the first 2 days of each session.
• Preparing comprehensive reports on an on-going basis; Camper Progress Reports & Crisis Intervention Plan Report.
• Being punctual and respecting the schedule is crucial for the success our camp program which includes but is not limited to: - Free play duties - Any meetings - The Bell - Curfew - Night duty - Activities
• Attending daily meetings during cabin clean-up with Camp Director.
• Establishing and maintaining a good rapport with assigned campers and counsellors.
• Replace staff members when needed.
• Assist counsellors with behaviour reports and behaviour charts.
• Participate in all camp activities such as: Meal times, area patrol, evening programs, picnics, bedtime, rest hour, special days.
To provide underprivileged children with a happy, outdoor holiday where
campers can build self-esteem, develop positive relationships and learn valuable life skills in a context that promotes group learning and nurtures each child individually.
To handle all crisis situations
Supervisor/ Evaluated by: