Head Cook 2019
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Mhmmmm Something smells delicious in the kitchen and thats where you come in. It takes a lot of work to make meals for over 200 people three times a day but if you're passionate about kitchen life and the culinary arts than this is the position for you, head over to the application page and whip up something incredible!
- To supervise in the preparation and serving of healthy, hearty,
- nutritious meals to all campers and staff as approved by the Montreal Dietary Dispensary.
- Assist in reducing the waste that exits the Dining Hall by composting and recycling.
- To establish and maintain a good rapport with kitchen and other staff.
- To maintain a clean and healthy work environment as per the Ministry of Agriculture Fishing and Nutrition requirements
- To order provisions and supplies and to develop a working relationship with all suppliers
- Help in the preparation of tuck, picnics and other programming needs as requested by Sr. Staff
- To follow prepared menu as posted, including vegetarian choices.
- To keep an up to date inventory of food and supplies.
- To spend the budget adequately to ensure that there is ample food for campers and staff at every meal.
- To make the necessary adjustments where possible based on the feedback in the camp evaluations at the end of every session.
- To ensure the kitchen and dining hall is thoroughly cleaned and arrangements made to store and/or discard leftover food on the last day of camp.
- To prepare a list of equipment to be purchased and repairs that need to be done, for the kitchen, for the following year.
To create a happy and healthy, vigorous, warm and exciting atmosphere
for campers and staff.
Supervisor/ Evaluated by: