Junior Lifeguard 2017
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Camp Amy Molson values lifeguards that are just beginning their new positions or have just finished their training. We understand that it is sometimes difficult to find employment that is looking for younger staff members. However, Camp Amy Molson hires Junior Lifeguards who have a desire to grow and gain experience in the waterfront safety field. After completing a successful summer or two with CAM we welcome these Junior Lifeguards back in future years as full staff members.
• Developing a safe waterfront that offers a well-rounded program of instructional and recreational activities
• Assisting in the teaching of waterfront skills.
• Surveillance of swimming areas during recreational programs.
• Maintenance and care of aquatic equipment and pool.
• Strict adherence to the Quebec Camping Association/National Lifeguarding Society pool/waterfront regulations.
• On-going evaluation of waterfront programs.
• Assist in special days with other program staff and participate in all tribal activities such as picnics, night duties, meal time, and camper bedtime.
Being punctual and respecting the schedule is crucial for the success of our camp program which includes but is not limited to:
-Free play duties
-Daily cleaning duties
• Stimulating interest and participation in their area.
• Keep an updated inventory of supplies at the start and end of the season to be handed in to Supervisor.
• Assist in packing for picnics.
• Assist in cabin when not on guard duty.
• Rotate Health Centre night duties with other lifeguards.
Experience working at a pool
NLS Pool Certification
Experience working with children