L.I.T Leader 2021
Location: Montreal, Quebec
We are looking for two counselors to run and manage our two LIT cabins (Woodsmen and Mohawks) as part of the LIT program. This program focuses on working with our 13-year old campers throughout the course of the summer. Similar to our counselor position this position only focuses on building the team dynamic within the LIT program. Working alongside the LIT Coordinator, the objective is to create a happy and fun summer experience with an emphasis on leadership building activities. Interested? Apply!!!
• To ensure that the L.I.T. program is running smoothly by developing and implementing an effective program (with workshops that meet the needs of the group and the individual LITs)
• Ensure that all LITs assigned to your cabin and Co-LIT leader’s cabin are supervised and safe at all times.
• Ensure that there is regular communication with staff who will have LITs assisting them (in a cabin or activity station)
• Supervise all aspects of daily camper routine for assigned LITs (This includes: wake-up, cabin clean up, hygiene, mealtime, rest hour, evening program, bedtime and night duty.)
• Complete and submit on assigned date Behaviour Reports, letters, lesson plans and evaluations of the LIT.
• Participate and attend all activities relating to the campers: evening program, free plays, picnics, overnights, special days, the bell, etc.
• Provide safe and clean cabin for the LITs assigned to your cabin.
• To know the whereabouts of LITs at all times
To provide underprivileged children with a happy, outdoor holiday where
campers can build self-esteem, develop positive relationships and learn valuable life skills in a context that promotes group learning and nurtures each child individually
Acquainting yourself with the camp personnel, policies and practices, as well as the goals and objectives of camp.
Supervisor/ Evaluated by: